Sunday, September 21, 2014

Avatar

Exhausted. Old. Shabby. Damaged. To the point of being no longer usable.

Hi, I'm a Worn-out Sneaker.



Your mom's just dying to throw me.
Your maid even tried to wash me.
Your new boyfriend/girlfriend insists on replacing me.
Your friends make fun of me.
I'm your dog's chew toy.
I've seen better days...but why do you keep on using me?

Is it because you're too poor?

Maybe I'm your fashion statement?
Or maybe it's because of some sick sense of nostalgia that you just can't get rid of me?

I brood a lot. Usually reminiscing about the past. 

But don't get me wrong, it's not because i haven't moved on... It's just that i believe that my memories keep me grounded. Like some kind of reality check. 

So hi, I'm a Worn-out Sneaker.

"Nostalgia literally means the pain of an old wound. It's a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone." - Don Draper, Mad Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment